And this is exactly my point. Don’t we spend too much of our time bad mouthing diabetes? It’s always, “Diabetes sucks” or “I hate diabetes” or “We need a cure”.
Okay, I agree that we need a cure, but is it really that bad? (No, I did not hit my head last night, just in case you’re wondering.) Whenever people talk about diabetes, the conversation is focused on how good your control is or how soon in the future can we expect a cure. Well, I’m tired of that. I think that diabetes is part of our life, and that we need to just deal with it. Which most of us do. But deal with diabetes, with a couple of good things to say about it. Are you up to it? I’ll go first.
1. Without diabetes, I would never have started blogging.
2. I go to an awesome camp every summer because of diabetes.
3. I’ve met some pretty cool people because of diabetes.
4. I have an awesome conversation starter.
5. Because of diabetes, I can eat candy in school.
Was that so hard? Now I challenge you to leave a comment with a good thing about diabetes.
I think that a cure would be great. But you might as well live with what you got.
Type 1 Diabetic, diabetes blogger, happy diabetic